ONLINE CLASSIFIED ADVERTISING SOLUTION
The effective date of this Agreement is January 21, 2008.
Please read the terms contained herein (the “OCA Terms”) carefully before using the OCA Service. Your use of the OCA Service confirms your unconditional acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, do not use the OCA Service.
Changes to these Terms
1. Krause reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to revise the OCA Terms at any time. Any changes to these terms will be posted to the web site. Your continued use of the OCA Service following posting of any changes to the OCA Terms constitutes your unconditional acceptance and agreement to be bound by the changed terms. You must cease using the OCA Service if you do not agree to be bound by the revised terms and conditions.
General Use, Registration and User Accounts
2. The OCA Service is intended only for use by those 18 years of age or older and of the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside. If you are not 18 or older and of the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside, you cannot use this service without the accompaniment and supervision of your parent or legal guardian.
3. Krause grants you a limited, nonexclusive and revocable license to make personal use of the OCA Service for the purpose of placing and reviewing classified advertisements. You agree to use this web site and the OCA Service only for lawful purposes and in accordance with the terms and conditions contained herein.
5. You agree to abide by all rules, regulations, policies and procedures related to the submission or posting of online classified advertising through this site, including the instructions and rules you see when creating and submitting your ad.
6. Without limiting any other obligations imposed herein, all users of the OCA Service (both buyers and sellers) specifically agree that:
a. you will only post advertisements for goods and services that you have a legal right to sell;
b. you are solely responsible for any advertisements you place and the content of those advertisements;
c. you are solely responsible for informing yourself of all applicable local, state, national and/or international laws and regulations that govern the sale of the goods or services you buy or sell in connection with your use of the OCA Service;
d. you will not violate any laws (including but not limited to local, state, national or international laws regulating the sale of firearms, knives or other goods or services), third party rights (including but not limited to intellectual property rights) or any policies of this web site through the placement of online advertising;
e. you will not violate any laws (including but not limited to local, state, national or international laws regulating the sale of firearms, knives or other goods or services), third party rights (including but not limited to intellectual property rights), or any policies of this web site by buying or selling goods or services advertised on the web site;
f. you will only post advertisements for goods or services that relate to the primary subject matter of this web site;
g. you will not post any advertisements in an inappropriate category or classification for the goods or services offered in the ad;
h. you will not make any false or misleading statements or other misrepresentations regarding the goods or services offered for sale in any advertisements you place, or misrepresent the location from which the goods or services are being bought or sold;
i. you will not hold Krause liable for any transactions between you and another user arising out of an online advertisement appearing on the site, or for any damage or loss connected with or arising out of your dealings with another user;
j. you will be responsible for and will promptly pay any fees owed to Krause or any third party working with Krause for the placement of your online classified advertisement along with any applicable taxes, as well as any additional fees and applicable taxes owed for related services purchased in connection with the placement of your online classified advertisement
k. you agree that if your payment method fails or your account is past due, Krause may collect fees owned using other collection mechanisms, including through the use of collection agencies and/or legal counsel; and
7. You agree that Krause has the right in its sole discretion to cancel or remove your advertisement if it believes the advertisement is in violation of any of the terms presented herein or is not in keeping with the standards of the web site. You agree that you will not be entitled to a refund of the cost of the advertisement under these circumstances.
8. You will not hold Krause responsible for any other users’ actions or inactions in connection with the OCA Service. You acknowledge that Krause is not involved in the actual transactions between buyers and sellers who connect through the OCA Service, and that Krause has no control over and cannot and does not guarantee the quality, safety or legality of any goods or services advertised through the OCA Service; the truth or accuracy of any advertisements; the legality of any transaction; the ability of the sellers to sell the items; the ability of buyers to pay for the items; and/or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction.
9. If there is a dispute between you and another user of the OCA Service, you understand and agree that Krause is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you hereby release Krause, its officers, employees, agents and successors in rights from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and / or the OCA Service. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
Krause reserves the right to investigate and act upon written complaints arising from transactions originated through advertisements placed through the OCA Service. If you encounter dishonest treatment or other behavior in violation of our policies, we recommend that you provide a detailed written report to our Customer Service Department at:
Gun Digest Magazine & Blade Magazine
Attention: Customer Service
700 E. State Street
Iola, WI 54990
or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Advertisers who are in violation of our policies may be subject to penalties, including but not limited to suspension or revocation of user accounts related to the web site and/or the OCA Service, and other services provided by Krause. You acknowledge and agree that the decision to impose such penalties lies strictly with Krause in its sole discretion, and you further agree not to challenge, contest, or circumvent any restrictions imposed by Krause for violation of its policies in any way.