Work Outside: Moran State Park Glamping: Seasonal Opportunities Who we are
We’re a team of local (Olga!) passionate trailblazers who welcome guests to fully outfitted campsites in Moran State Park.
We started with a ‘traveling road show’ back in 2013, and launched in
Moran State Park in 2015. We’ve been flattered by really, really strong
demand ( and lots of press ) so we need to add quality folks to our team of hospitality professionals .
- Active + outside in all types of weather
- Physically demanding
- Dusting, polishing, cleaning, and making beds in a jiffy
- Tent maintenance and tidying the grounds
- Welcoming and assisting guests
- Sharing what you love about Moran State Park and Orcas Island with our guests
- Working with a small (but mighty) team of 1-3 other Adventure Ambassadors
If you’ve got the right attitude, we can train you to fine-tune your skills!
Here’s what our schedule usually looks like, subject to business levels and the weather!
Busy Season: June – September
- 9:00am – 4pm; at least 4 – 5 days/week
- Pack Down: October
- 9:00am – 4:00pm; 2 – 3 days/week
**Can’t work all the way from Now – October? Let us know what your schedule looks like.** Must haves
- Housing on Orcas Island
- Flexible availability that includes weekends
- Reliable transportation
- Great communication skills
- Awesome attitude with a big willingness to help guests, and collaborate with other team members
- The ability to be on your feet and outside all day
- The ability, and willingness, to complete cleaning tasks at a high
level and fast pace
- The ability to regularly lift and carry 15 – 35lbs
- Impressive attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
Nice to haves
- A passion for creating amazing guest experiences
- A strong knowledge of driving directions, activities, and places to eat around Orcas Island
- Availability to start in April or May (June at the latest!). We’ll
need help through September and love help packing-up in October, too.
- Interest in advancement opportunities
- You’ll get to wear a snazzy a uniform!
- You’ll meet lots of great people from all over the place
- Hours are generally 9am – 4pm so you’ll still get to enjoy your summer
- We’re a fun group to work with that values and rewards top-performing team members
- We’ll pay you a competitive hourly wage
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining our team, and have all of the 'must haves,' read our full job description and application instructions here.
We appreciate your interest in joining our team!