Work Location: U.S. Customs & Border Protection, Oroville, WA Land Port of Entry.
HVAC Technician Responsibilities:
• Installing, maintaining and repairing ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
• Identifying maintenance risks on equipment.
• Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
• Cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems, and performing warranty services.
• Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
• Providing technical direction and on-the-job training.
• Keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
• Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Complying with service standards, work instructions and customers' requirements.
• Assisting with customers' queries.
HVAC Technician Requirements:
• High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
• 5+ year experience as an HVAC technician, and willingness to continue education in HVAC field.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration and heating.
• Working knowledge of boiler systems.
• Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
• Ability to work after hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short or no notice.
• Ability to work in confined spaces
Summary of Brown Point Benefits
• Competitive pay.
• Bonus and performance incentives
• Company provided term life insurance
• Company provided accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Company provided long term disability insurance
• Mutual of Omaha 401k plan; Company contribution is 50% of the first 4% of the employee contribution.
• Access to company medical and dental plans
• Cell phone reimbursement
• Eleven paid holidays per year: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday, Washington's Birthday, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans' Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
• Two weeks paid vacation; three weeks after five years, four weeks after 15 years, and five weeks after 25 years.
• Paid sick leave: One hour of paid sick leave for every 30 hours worked, up to 56 hours of paid sick leave each year.
Come join our winning team! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-288-6647 x.1004 to apply. You'll be glad you did!