Fishmeal Technician - Bering Sea
Position: Fishmeal Technician
Location: Bering Sea; Pacific Ocean; Gulf of Alaska; Aleutian Islands
Reports To: Chief Engineer
North Star Fishing is hiring Fishmeal Technicians to work on it's new vessel the North Star that will begin fishing in 2021. Fishmeal Technicians are responsible for operating the fishmeal processing line.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors fishmeal plant operation lines from the control room and processing area to ensure optimum utilization.
- Adjusts pump speeds and auger speeds to safeguard product quality.
- Performs moisture analysis tests on fishmeal and reports findings as appropriate.
- Surveys amount of raw materials in silos to confirm correct flow into plant.
- Supervises the startup and shut down of process line machinery to ensure compliance
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must have basic mechanical skills to perform maintenance and repair of equipment
- Must possess an understanding of meal and oil plant operation and production
- Must follow all company, OSHA and vessel safety guidelines
- Must possess the ability to stand on their feet for extended periods of time where physical work may be required, including lifting items of up to 50+ lbs.
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently in a timely manner
- 1+ year of experience as a Fishmeal Technician on a vessel or in shore based fishmeal plant preferred.
- 1+ year of experience directing and training a crew.
- 2-3 years' experience operating machinery in an industrial or manufacturing setting.
Work Hours: 16 hour shifts, 7 days a week while on board.
- Free Room and Board
- Eligible for 401(K)
- Health/Dental benefits once eligibility requirements are met
- Crew Share based
To Apply: Go to northstarfish.com and upload your resume.
North Star Fishing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.