Rainshadow Solar is Hiring an Office Manager!
We are looking to find someone who is a great fit for our rockstar team and who is interested in assisting with accounting and administration for our growing company. You should be organized, professional, and a team player. You’ll work in our office on Orcas Island, occasionally see bald eagles and river otters, and you’ll be a part of a company that is trying to make a difference in the world.
Rainshadow Solar has been installing solar and other renewable energy systems since 1989. Operating from Orcas Island in the beautiful San Juan Islands, we specialize in design and installation of solar energy systems, battery storage, and electric vehicle charging systems. We provide solutions for both grid-tied and off-grid applications. We are a locally-owned business working to bring renewable energy solutions to our community in the San Juan Islands and beyond. We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work, believes in making the world a better place, and would be a valuable team member for our top-notch crew.
Please do NOT apply if you are NOT:
· A good problem-solver.
· Comfortable answering phones.
· Able to email a resume and personalized cover letter.
· Interested in developing skills and learning about renewable energy.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
· Assisting with accounting duties that include accounts payable, reconciliations, and accounts receivable.
· Working closely with the internal operations team to support our field crew through obtaining electrical permits and county building permits.
· Supporting our field crew with sourcing various electrical components, when needed.
· Interfacing with the clients, potential customers, and our business partners over the phone or via email, and occasionally in person.
· Occasional errands to support business needs.
· Maintaining a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
· Experience with software programs typically used in small businesses, such as Microsoft Office, Slack, online calendars, and Quickbooks.
· Good understanding of general accounting principles and financial management practices.
· College degree preferred.
· Must have current driver’s license.
We offer a competitive compensation package, with salary dependent on experience. Health, dental, vision insurance, retirement plan, paid time off (sick/vacation/holiday), and other company benefits available after 90 days. And we work in the most beautiful place in Washington.
Please e-mail your RESUME and COVER LETTER to chris at rainshadowsolar dot com and one of us will get back to you. Applicants without both of these requirements will not be considered.
Please NO PHONE CALLS.
Rainshadow Solar is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourages applications from military veterans, female, and minority candidates.