Rainshadow Solar is Expanding Our Electrical Crew!
We are looking to find a Journeyman Electrician and an Electrical Installer who are a great fit for our rockstar team. You may be a Journeyman electrician (01 or 02 classification), an electrical trainee, or someone who just wants to learn. You'll work on beautiful islands, occasionally see orca whales and bald eagles, and your commute will likely involve a ferry (but not gridlock on an interstate).
Rainshadow Solar has been installing solar and other renewable energy systems since 1989. Operating from Orcas Island in the beautiful San Juan Islands, we specialize in design and installation of solar energy systems, battery storage, and electric vehicle charging systems. We provide solutions for both grid-tied and off-grid applications. We are a locally-owned business working to bring renewable energy solutions to our community in the San Juan Islands and beyond. We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work, believes in making the world a better place, and would be a valuable team member for our top-notch crew.
Please do NOT apply if you are NOT:
• Comfortable with heights, working on roof tops, and tight spaces.
• Willing to work in the great outdoors.
• Able to lift 50 lbs.
• Able to email a resume and personalized cover letter.
• Interested in developing skills in the electrical and renewable energy trades.
Key responsibilities for this position include EITHER:
• Being a Journeyman-level electrician, OR
• An electrical trainee working under the supervision of our Journeyman-level electricians on various electrical tasks, AND
• Installing PV modules on rooftops and on ground mounts.
• Prioritizing safety for yourself, your work colleagues, and our clients.
• Working in a variety of environments, including outside on roof tops, on tall ladders, and inside tight spaces like crawlspaces and attics.
• Occasional outer island travel.
• Maintaining a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
• General knowledge of electrical, building, and roofing systems.
• Must have current driver’s license.
• Must have own hand tools and an operating vehicle.
Please e-mail your RESUME and COVER LETTER to chris at rainshadowsolar dot com and one of us will get back to you. Applicants without both of these requirements will not be considered.
Please NO PHONE CALLS.
Rainshadow Solar is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourages applications from military veterans, female, and minority candidates.