Blues, Mtn & Soul in Durango, CO is looking for one gallery manager to join our 5 person strong team. We are located on 915 Main Ave, in Durango, Colorado. BMS is a non-traditional gallery; our shop is a vibrant and fun shopping destination. Our ideal candidate will be a mature, self-motivated, problem-solving individual with high attention to detail and a love of organization (perfectionism is great!). You do not need to be educated in the arts, we prefer a candidate that is a logical, left-brain thinker with a vibrant personality who enjoys interacting with the public.
We are open 7 days a week. This position will be required to be on-site for at least 3 days a week (up to 5), and available to answer questions 7 days a week.
- Manage 2+ employees. Prepare schedules, hire and train new employees and process payroll.
- Manage, track and process inventory and new orders.
- Manage inventory database and create new products following specific guidelines.
- Clean, organize and restock gallery.
- Customer service, sales and order processing.
- Manage gallery supply stock and re-orders.
- Package, frame and ship art as needed.
- Maintain close working relationship with artist and owner.
- Experience with Vend/Lightspeed point of sale system is preferred. Proof of managing a POS system (any kind) is required.
- 5 yrs experience with Excel (mandatory) and other Office products is preferred.
- Excellent with hardware & software troubleshooting.
- Previous management experience is preferred.
- Must be physically able to climb a ladder.
Please apply with a resume that includes evidence of your qualifications. Please do not apply if you are looking for a temporary position. Thank you.
Depending on hiring date, you will have at least one month of training with current manager. Pay will depend on what skills and experience you bring to the negotiating table.
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please apply at 915 Main Avenue or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.